WHAT YOU'LL NEED FOR YOUR FIRST VISIT
- Pictures of any food they use
- Medications your pet has already
WHAT TO EXPECT FOR YOUR FIRST VISIT
- Discuss behavior
- Crate training
- Nutrition and diets, Heartworm prevention, flea and tick prevention
- When to spay or neuter
- Vaccination schedule and options
- Breed peculiarities
- Answer any other questions you may have
Reception/Waiting room guidelines
Check in with our receptionist at the front desk when you arrive for your appointment.
Please make sure your dog is on a leash and your cat in a carrier before getting out of your car and keep your pet contained at all times in the reception area. This keeps not only your pet safe, but also prevents “unexpected encounters” with other pets who might be a little nervous. Please keep “retractable” leashes in the shortened position at all times.
For cats, if you do not have a carrier, please make our reception staff aware so we can put your cat into an exam room immediately, out of sight of other pets who might frighten him.
All exotics (birds, ferrets, lizards, snakes, rabbits) should be in appropriate cages, carriers or tanks upon arrival. This will reduce the chances of your pet getting loose.
Payment is due when services are rendered.
We accept cash, American Express, Visa, MasterCard, Discover and Care Credit.
If you are interested in applying for Care Credit, please go to www.carecredit.com to apply online. You may also apply at our hospital. You will need two picture ID’s to complete the application process at our hospital.
Pet Food Policies
- Beach Pet Hospital only sells prescription diets. We do not carry maintenance diets.
- The pet food prescribed by your veterinarian for your pet is considered a prescription medication.
- Most of these foods are not stocked by Beach Pet Hospital and have to be ordered by you as needed.
- You can have your pet’s food shipped directly to your doorstep through our online store, www.beachpetstore.com.
- If you prefer to have us order your pet’s food and pick it up at our facility, our ordering policies are as follows:
- All orders must be called in by the end of day on Monday for delivery the following Friday. PAY SPECIAL ATTENTION TO YOUR PET’S SUPPLY SO YOU WILL NOT RUN OUT OF FOOD BEFORE DELIVERY DAY.
- Because of limitations of space, all orders must be picked up within three weeks of delivery date. Foods left at the hospital after that point will be donated to an animal shelter.
Prescription refill policies
- Federal law prohibits the dispensing of certain medications without examination or prescription.
- A yearly physical exam is required by our veterinarians before we are able to dispense any medications.
- If we have not performed a physical exam on your pet in over a year, we will not be able to refill medications.
- All requests for refills must be made 24 hours in advance of pickup. We will do our best to accommodate special needs as they arise.
- Your understanding is greatly appreciated.